Starting a marine business has never been easier Click below to complete a CWR Wholesale Distribution dealer application!
At CWR, we believe conducting business should be simple. With CWR Wholesale Distribution as your drop shipping source, you have a powerful team of full-service wholesale marine distribution experts working for you. With over 300 manufacturers, CWR offers a variety of assorted products for not only marine use, but also camping, sailing, sporting goods, paddle sports, watersports, cycling, training/fitness, hunting, fishing, consumer electronics, automobiles, recreational vehicles and more. CWR is also one of the leading drop-shippers in the marine industry and will drop ship to any location in the world. CWR’s drop ship program is stress-free with no extra fees or minimum order sizes, all while using your own shipping label and packing slip. Become a CWR Wholesale Distribution Dealer today!
Vesper Amplified AIS / VHF / FM Antenna Splitter
Amplified AIS / VHF / FM Antenna Splitter
At last An Antenna Splitter with Gain Not Loss
Many AIS splitters introduce significant signal loss, some say no loss but this unique Vesper Marine splitter is the only one that provides signal gain - improving AIS reception and increasing range. This is because the Vesper Marine splitter has a built-in low noise amplifier. This is especially important to increase the receive range from the increasing number of low power AIS SART and MOB devices.
In addition to the amplification provided by this splitter, when used with your existing antenna you can optimize the range of your AIS transponder because the antenna is also mounted as high as possible.
Designed to work with all Vesper Marine AIS transponders including the popular WatchMate XB-6000 and WatchMate XB-8000. In addition, it has a unique on-screen VHF-in-use indicator when used with the WatchMate 850 and WatchMate Vision AIS transponders.
Increases the performance of other manufacturer's AIS receivers and transponders too!
To simplify installation, you can share an existing VHF antenna by using this splitter. The unit removes the need for a separate VHF antenna for an AIS receiver or transponder and allows a single antenna to be shared with a VHF radio.
This is an excellent solution when it is difficult to install an additional antenna or you wish to share an existing VHF antenna and maximize your AIS range.
This Vesper Marine splitter is specifically designed for use with both AIS receivers and transponders.
You can use this splitter with an existing antenna installation that is in good operating condition. However, for an optimized AIS and VHF antenna system, choose our AIS antenna designed to be shared with VHF radios.
- AIS Sensitivity Gain: The SP160 provides amplification to the AIS signal resulting in much higher AIS sensitivity, improving AIS receive range
- Low power consumption: Very low power consumption designed to save your battery power
- Simple connections: No adapters or special patch cords needed for VHF/AIS. Uses standard PL-259 patch cables (two 2M (6.5') cables included)
- Easy installation: Very compact and easy to install with built-in mounting flanges
- LED status indicators: 4 status LED's (power, VHF transmit, AIS transmit, antenna quality)
- AM and FM radio connection: Provides AM/FM radio connection. An optional cable with a standard "Motorola plug" is available to make installation easy. Plugs directly into almost all car or marine stereos
- VHF-in-use indicator: VHF-in-use indicator appears on the screen of the AISWatchMate 850 and WatchMate Vision AIS transponders whenever the VHF radio is being used. This unique feature indicates when AIS traffic is delayed due to the antenna being in-use by the VHF radio and is also an excellent indicator if a stuck-mic condition exists.
- Fail-safe VHF priority: VHF radio always has priority and the VHF can always transmit even if the power to the splitter fails
- Antenna quality monitor indicates if there is a problem: The unique antenna quality LED will indicate a problem with the antenna, cable or installation
- 12 or 24 Volt supply: Designed to work with either 12 or 24 volt supply
- Waterproof: IPx7 rated. High quality rugged construction made specifically for marine use
Note: As of July 1, 2017 the splitter now includes two 2m (6.5ft) long patch cables to go between the splitter, AIS and your VHF radio. This provides everything needed for most installations. However, if you require a longer cable be sure to choose high quality marine grade 50 ohm cable with standard PL259 plugs to go between the splitter and your AIS transponder or receiver. This should be ordered separately based on the required length. See the related products list for our most popular options
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.